Friday 1 April 2011

1/48 Italeri Tornado GR.1 In Flight Refuelling

The main reason this kit is on the shelf of shame is the amount of work it needs on sanding and fill all the seams. I just can't be bothered with it, but I would like to see this kit finished as it is a cool subject.

Not much done with this one just got the pilots ready for paint and started on the base. The model is going to be in flight refueling so the plan for the base is to decoupage an aerial photo onto the base. I will also have to scratch build a hose and drogue assembly.

For all my in flight models I drill a hole where the model will be supported and insert some plastic tube (not sure of the size but will find out) which is the correct size for the brass rod to be inserted into as in the pictures below.............
Comments welcome and hopefully more soon.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...