Friday 1 April 2011

1/48 P-47N Part 1

Whats wrong with me! So many kits to finish and I could not help but start another model. It was just sitting on the shelf starring at me as I sat there working at my desk. I couldn't resist.

The kit is the Revell P-47N in 1/48 which was a limited edition for Modelzone. The plan for this model is to build it out of the box and pose it in flight just coming in to land.

There are two main jobs that need to be done to make the landing pose for the model, the flaps need to positions down and the kits bulged wheels need to un-bulged but more on this later.......

As with most kits the construction begins with the cockpit....

Gunze Sanyo zinc chromate was used as the main colour in the cockpit and and Vallejo paints were used to pick out the detail colours.

As the model will be posed in flight the cockpit needed to be filled with the supplied pilot. The way I like to do my figures is to first paint all the base colours and then add highlights and shadows.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...