Sunday 17 July 2011

Something A Little different Part 1

Having quite a few heavy and in depth builds on the shelf of shame at the moment, I felt  my mojo slipping away. So I decided to build something quick and simple; not so easy when you see my stash! I decided on a kit I actually bought by mistake - I was under the impression that this kit was two 1/6 figures and a machine gun.  To my surprise it was not and was just a 1/6 Browning .30 cal machine gun, which I was not to fussed about as it cost very little and so it was consigned to the stash until today.

 Upon opening the box there are three sprues of cleanly modelled plastic, a small bag of small brass rod's shaped into the letter 'u' and a rubber ammunition belt. The instructions show diagrams of the built model and part numbers but no actual instructions on building the gun which was not helpful but it didn't take me long to realise that it does not take a genius to put this together!

The three sprues contain parts for two ammunition boxes and the two variants that can be made, one on a tripod and one on a bi-pod.


There are a few parts to this kit and they all fit together very well. The gun builds up very quickly which was just what I was looking for to restore my mojo. What impressed me even more is the moving parts such as the fully foldable tripod and the cocking handle. So with the very quick build completed it was onto the paint shop.



Again a very simple paint job two colours, black for the gun and olive drab for the bipod.  For the black I used a homemade brew of  Tamiya  Flat Black and  Vallejo Black Grey. The Tamiya paint gives a very flat finish and the Vallejo gives the black a scale effect and makes it easier to spray.  The Olive Drab is straight Vallejo.

I finished off the construction with the ammo box and the belt.  Which again has lots of moving parts.

 In part 2 will be weathering a setting the gun in a vignette.............


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...