Tuesday 9 August 2011

1/48 Cavalier Turbo Mustang Part 1

This is something I've wanted to do since I first cam across an image of the Turbo Mustang. Captivated by its unusual lines and pedigree Mustang looks I had to build one! At first i thought I would have to scratch build a conversion but last year at Scale Model World  I came across the Heritage conversion and bought it there and then! Since then its been sitting in the stash waiting for a Tamiya Mustang kit to destroy and recently that kit was acquired. I did spend some time contemplating wether or not to cut up the Tamiya kit but when i got the con version set out of the stash to have a look at, the kit got cut up!

There are three main cuts one at the engine firewall which is simple enough but the second, cutting off the radiator bath is a little trickier. I cut off a little too much which needed filling and cutting the top of the tail.

With the cut made there was no turning back and it was onto the cockpit which was done in the usual way nothing to fancy I did make another mistake here with the resin radios? I glued them on too high which meant the cockpit glazing wouldn't










The only addition to the cockpit is a set of Eduard belts which bring the cockpit to life.

Well that is it for now, more soon.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...