Saturday 24 September 2011

1/48 QF-16C Victim Viper

Sitting on my shelf of shame was a half built 1/48 Academy F-16C missing some parts, namely the pylons and undercarriage.  It has been sitting on the shelf of shame for at least a year as i had lost all interest in it, that was until recently.

In the past week I have been trying to tackle the shelf of shame as it is out of control and I could really do with finishing some models. With this in mind I was scouring the forums looking for inspiration when I came across drhornii's  build on ARC and that was all the inspiration I needed.

All that was needed to finish off this model was to fit the undercarriage doors and paint! I knew right what I wanted my model to look like straight away.  With the F-16 being set to replace the F-4 in the drone role I wanted my F-16 to have the same sort of finish as the QF-4's with that patchy and worn look.

To do this I used several methods, first a pre-shade then maskol to mask off patches and then spraying the gloss coat with a drop of white mixed in. For the nose I used a piece of masking tape to rip the paint off while it was still drying.

For more photos please visit the gallery....







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...