Saturday 16 June 2012

Back To The Bench!


Finally, some time back at the bench! 



Hawk T.2

Life has kept me very busy recently! After getting back from holiday where I had picked up some goodies, I found enough free time to get to the bench.  


So here is what I have been up to this week….


It is the Airfix 1/48 Hawk 100 kit which has been on the 'shelf of shame' for a good few years after the rubbish decals went horribly wrong.  Not knowing what to do with it, the model sat there gathering dust until I went to Farnborough Airshow in 2009 and I saw an RAF Hawk T.2 on static display.  That was what I wanted to do with it but no decals existed or at least none that I could find so it went back onto the 'shelf of shame'! Then out of the blue whilst purchasing the Revell 1/32 Hawk from Hannants, in the search results was a set of Xtradecals decals covering the history of 4 squadron, which included the Hawk T.2.  With the decals in hand it was time to re-start the build.  Off came the old ruined decals and a fresh coat of Xrtracolour NightBlack X012. As this is a gloss black once it is dry the decals can go straight onto the model.

Whilst I was waiting for the paint to dry on the Hawk I worked on the Hasegawa 1/48 F-14A…



Hasegawa 1/48 F-14A

So far I have been less than impressed with this kit especially as the price tag was over £50.  Although it is very accurate it has been a pain to build with poor fit especially around the main gear bays and the engine intakes not even close to fitting! How much of the fit issues have been my own fault is debatable but so far I have not really enjoyed the building process.

That is all for now…
All comments welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...