Wednesday 7 March 2012

1/35 M60A1 RISE


Sorry it has been a while lots of non-plastic related stuff going on at the moment and a lack of motivation have led to no modelling being done.  I finally managed to get some time at the bench last night but when I sat down I had no real urge to build anything.  I didn't want to start anything new and I didn't want to finish anything on the shelf of doom.  When I get into one of these slumps I like to do something different as I find that tends to bring my mojo back so I turned to a model from the shelf of doom a 1/35 M60A1 RISE from Academy.  It is a tank that I've always liked the look of especially in its Desert Storm guise with the dozer blade, the passive armour and all the gear stowed on the turret. Progress has been fast with the fit of the kit being excellent I am now concentrating on adding stowage with all the kit stowage added a few bits from a 1/35 infantry kit and a couple of bits made from tissue soaked in watery white glue.  I still want to add more with ration packs and ammo crates.  I also want to replace the head on the left hand (from the rear) soldiers head as the kit part is pretty awful. Here are a few pictures of the model so far, would love to hear your comments cheers Andrew




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...